Saint Teresa’s Church
Originally built in 1841, this English, Spanish and Chinese-speaking parish was nearly closed after a ceiling collapse in 1997. The rough timber trusses and ashlar stone walls exposed by the disaster were made assets by the architects in the rebuilding of the sanctuary. Elements of the destroyed altar were transformed into a new altar, baptismal altar and other decorative elements.
- Client: Saint Teresa’s Church
- Location: New York, NY
- Status: Completed 2003
- Size: 12,000 sf