Saint Teresa’s Church
Saint Teresa’s Church was originally built in 1841 and nearly closed after a ceiling collapse in 1997. OCV was brought in to historically restore and renovate the English, Spanish and Chinese-speaking parish.
The rough timber trusses and ashlar stone walls were exposed by the disaster. The architects made them assets in the rebuilding of the sanctuary by leaving them exposed. Elements of the destroyed altar were transformed into a new altar, baptismal altar and other decorative elements.
- Client: Saint Teresa’s Church
- Location: New York, NY
- Status: Completed 2003
- Size: 12,000 sf