The Pontiac is an award-winning new construction in the South Bronx. Located on a steeply sloped street, the project is a blend of multi-family residential with ground floor commercial space.
As an Enterprise Green Communities building it features a host of sustainable features including exterior solar shading, double glazed, low-e windows, LED lighting, and efficient fixtures and appliances throughout.
The Pontiac was awarded with a 2020 Residential Building Award by the Queens & Bronx Building Association (QBBA).
Villa Gardens is a 12-story new construction in the Bronx. Its faceted contour, playful roof line and tall windows prove that affordable rental apartments can be attractively as well as sustainably designed.
This Enterprise Green Communities project was awarded with a 2020 Residential Building Award by the Queens & Bronx Building Association (QBBA).
The Milo is an eight-story new construction residential building in Brooklyn. It offers 35 well-appointed, energy efficient, open plan one and two-bedroom rental units, as well as a 2,300 s.f. ground floor commercial space.
Together with parking for 11 cars and many more bicycles, the building is poised to bring to this East Williamsburg neighborhood more than just polished rentals.
Beverly’s Place is a 72-unit, permanent supportive and low income residence designed to create a sense of ease and well being among residents.
By offering housing options from studios up to three bedroom apartments, Beverlyís Place ensures a balanced mix of residents from low-income singles to larger low-income families, in addition to both homeless special needs single adults and families, and persons with mobility, hearing or visual impairments.
This single family Stuyvesant Heights townhouse received a complete overhaul and conversion into three apartments. As part of the work OCV outfitted each unit with an open kitchen-living space, two or three bedrooms, and one and half bathrooms.
Other features include:
– Silestone countertops, stainless steel Energy Star appliances and efficient fixtures
– exposed brick fireplaces as accents walls
– in-unit washers and dryers
– upper unit with skylight
Ponte Residences are market-rate rentals located at the northern end of Tribeca on Washington Street. The building blends the historical manufacturing architectural style of the neighborhood with modern interiors. Apartments at this 11-story new construction are outfitted with open living-kitchen spaces, tilt windows and sweeping views.
Among other amenities are:
– in-unit laundry and a communal laundry room
– on-site gym
– second floor recreation room with kitchenette and terrace
– community roof terrace
– on-site resident car and bicycle parking
– ground floor retail space with commercial storage
Gates Avenue Residence is sustainable supportive housing certified by both Enterprise Green Communities and NYSERDA. It provides 68 energy efficient studios in a stately five-story new construction, complete with support offices, community spaces and a lobby lounge at the ground floor.
Other building features include:
– a terrace running across the entire rear of the building
– visual connection from the entry through to the rear yard
– a folding wall separating the lobby lounge and the community room, allowing for large building or community-wide events
– warm wood finish and natural-light flooded ground floor
– fenestration in the upper floor corridors bring in natural light
– on site parking for social workers
– photovoltaic panels on the circulation core’s roof ensure reduced energy expenses
Ocean Bay Apartments received a $125 million tenant-in-occupancy rehabilitation under the NYCHA RAD program. This extensive public housing development in Far Rockaway was severely flooded during Superstorm Sandy in 2012. As a result and due to its location between the Atlantic Ocean and Jamaica Bay, resiliency design represented a major component of the work.
Necessary measures to secure the complex in the event of another storm included:
– high efficency hydronic boiler plants
– emergency generators
– new elevated electric switch gear buildings
– new rooftops equipped with solar panels
– gas pipe replacement
– flood gates and berms throughout the site
– landscaping with native seaside plants
Serviam Heights is a combination of new construction with adaptive reuse on an expansive sloped site on the campus of Mount Saint Ursula.
The existing convent was reconfigured to provide studio units and the chapel was converted into a community space. Together with a large new construction, the project brings 187 units of affordable, independent, senior apartments to the Bronx.
OCV rehabilitated and reconfigured the 41 units at Lee Goodwin Residence into 60 studio and one bedroom supportive housing apartments. The resulting conversion created units with en suite bathrooms and kitchens.
Among the special features of this Enterprise Green Communities project are:
– new floor to ceiling fenestration at the community room
– skylit support office foyer with built in reception
– a transformed back alley with outdoor seating and planters