Standard Services OCV is a full-service architectural firm offering design and construction management services for projects of every size and shape. Those services include:
– conduct a detailed survey of the existing building conditions including all structural, mechanical, and electrical systems – conduct a search for all historically relevant documents – prepare an existing conditions report and plans of all floors and building façades – assist the client in selecting hazardous materials inspectors and direct the inspection process
– meet with clients to develop a basic program of their needs and desires – develop design schematics based upon this program and provide alternative approaches – meet with clients to explain schematics
– prepare final design schematic, an initial presentation of finishes, and a detailed scope of work and construction cost estimate for client approval
– based upon the client’s approval, and incorporating any comments, OCV will begin preparation of the construction documents
– issue plans and specifications for bid, including line item breakdown sheet for cost comparison
– provide on site construction observation as necessary for the phase of work
– one principle and one staff member of the firm will supervise all work at every phase
– all projects are designed with sustainability in mind and for those seeking certification, an accredited professional will generate sustainable design and manage the process
Specialty Services OCV makes it possible for clients to obtain cost and management efficiencies with our specialty services in green design, adaptive reuse, historic preservation and rehabilitation.
For those seeking Passive House, LEED or NYSERDA certification, an accredited professional will work with you to generate sustainable design at all levels of your project and manage certification. For those looking to incorporate green without certification, efficient design systems, green materials and building techniques, high efficiency appliances and low emissions finishes are crafted to work together in sensitive, attractive designs – an approach that benefits the health of residents, the community and the environment as well as benefitting the bottom line.
For nearly 20 years, OCV has been greening rooftops all across New York. We have a wealth of experience designing both intensive roofs for resident enjoyment and extensive roofs, that together with solar PV systems and hot water heaters, take advantage of green technologies to make environmentally friendlier buildings and reduce energy costs for owners. The two green roofs OCV designed and built on the Christopher Residence in 2004 were among the first of their kind for a supportive housing project in NYC. Since then we’ve built new LEED Gold and Silver projects with green roofs, converted rooftops to take advantage of rain harvesting opportunities, and added green roofs to residential projects throughout the city, from modest terraces to penthouses complete with roof garden and exercise spa.
Another way OCV engages sustainability is through work that reinvents the way we use our existing buildings. Some of our most successful projects have been conversions of banks and vaudeville theaters into schools, and warehouses and factories into housing. From property acquisition through design and construction, OCV walks clients through the process of interpreting new ways to live by providing innovative solutions that change our relationships with our built environment.
Since its inception, OCV has been actively engaged in the preservation and restoration of our built environment. From initial assessments through landmark approvals, we have developed the necessary expertise to navigate the complexities of this type of work. Our experience and dedication to the conservation of our heritage is evidenced by the numerous historic preservation awards given to projects executed by OCV.
OCV has always placed an emphasis on rehabilitations and renovations, and built an excellent reputation when it comes to the challenging arena of tenant-in-occupancy rehabs. In particular, our work has focused on the importance of sustainability through the maintenance and upgrading of our stock of housing – be it affordable, supportive or market rate – from capital needs assessments through to gut rehabs.
Agencies OCV has a long history of working with the various New York City, New York State and Federal agencies in the construction of new projects and the rehabilitation of existing structures. Among them are:
- NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission
- NYC Board of Education
- NYC Department for the Aging
- NYC Housing Preservation + Development
- NYC Division of Homeless Services
- NYC Housing Authority
- NYC Housing Partnership
- NYC School Construction Authority
- NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR)
- NYS Historic Preservation Office (NYSHPO)
- US Department of Housing + Urban Development